I am catching up with my lists and caught this on the Erlang list.
Have not looked at it in any detail yet, but sounds interesting. Maybe
some ideas can tumble out of it for your multi threading Lua.

On 6/20/08, ERLANG <erlangy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I found this recent GoogleTechTalk presentation interesting:
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2327417501531223380&q=erlang+%22Google+Tech+Talks%22+duration%3Along+%28site%3Avideo.google.com+OR+site%3Ayoutube.com%29&hl=fr
>
> Crazy, look to the abstract:
> Kilim: Fast, lightweight, cheap message passing in Java.
>
> A million actors, 3x faster than Erlang.
>
> The message passing (MP) paradigm is often seen as a superior ...
>

> cheers
> Y.

Oh, another useful starting point could be that lightweight lib Russ
Cox made. I forget what it's called though.

Robby