Hisham wrote:
[...]
Indeed, this very thread's subject line says a lot about the
readability of '...' as an lvalue. :-)

A while back there was quite a long discussion with someone about how to write varargs functions; eventually we realised that the reason why he couldn't get anything to work was that he thought that when we said 'function foo(a, ...)', that was just example code, and that he was supposed to fill in the ... with something.

While I like Lua a lot, I will admit that some of the syntax choices are possibly not *entirely* clear!

--
David Given
dg@cowlark.com