On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Robert Raschke
<rtrlists@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 6/11/08, Matthew M. Burke <matthew@bluedino.net> wrote:
>> Norman Ramsey wrote:
>> > P.S. If I sound cranky, it's because I've spent 2 years working on
>> > APIs for email management and spam filtering, and they are still too
>> > complicated.  I will give a talk at the Lua Workshop in July.
>> >
>> Not to steal any thunder from your talk, but "too complicated" because of
>> Lua or because it's just a tough problem to come up with a good API?
>
> The latter, I would presume. Dealing with email programmatically is
> one of these horrible problems that looks easy before you start. Just
> the interface that allows navigating the parts of a MIME email can end
> up remarkable ugly in no time at all (I've rewritten my take on this
> three times already, and it's still crap).

What's so crap about it? Can we see some code even before you give
your talk? There's a few of us that have been dealing with email
management and spam filtering, and up till now it's all been crap.

-K

--
http://kacper.doesntexist.org
http://windows.dontexist.net