Hi, everyone,

We have just released version 2.0 of Orbit. Orbit is an MVC web framework for Lua with a design inspired by lightweight web frameworks from other languages, but adapting them to common Lua idioms. All Orbit applications follow the WSAPI protocol, so they work without changes in the Xavante webserver  and with any webserver that supports CGI or FastCGI.

Orbit also has a simplified development model called Orbit Pages, which uses the Cosmo (http://cosmo.luaforge.net) template language to let you work in a level halfway between CGILua scripts and full Orbit applications.

Install Orbit through LuaRocks (http://luarocks.org) with "luarocks install orbit". You can also download it from its LuaForge page, http://luaforge.net/projects/orbit. There is online documentation at http://orbit.luaforge.net. Subscribe to the Kepler mailing list for support, and we also welcome suggestions for future versions.

--
Fabio Mascarenhas
Kepler Team