Nick Gammon wrote:
> My recommendation is to standardize on lua5.1.dll [...]

The standard DLL name "lua51.dll" has been selected more than
three years ago. Around twice every year someone comes along and
thinks "Oh, we absolutely need a dot in the DLL version number".

Alas, Windows does not like an extra dot in there. Many things
break when you have an extra dot in DLL names. Depends on the
version of the OS, on the specific system call, on the library or
tool used ... it's hopeless. So please let's forget about it.

--Mike