On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:41:32AM +0800, Edwin Eyan Moragas wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 7:40 AM, David Given <dg@cowlark.com> wrote:
<snip>
> > (I never did make it work, actually. It was huge and extremely cryptic
> > and I think it relied on some framework code that wasn't present. I
> > eventually managed to solve my problem by doing some quick-and-shoddy
> > bindings to libpurple, the C library behind Pidgin and Gaim --- I can
> > send you that if you want, but I warn you it's not good code.)
>
> i was looking at libpurple the other week. i think i can whip up
> the bindings for that.
<snip>

As one of the pidgin developers I would very much be interested in people
working on a libpurple lua binding, and would be more than happy to help
with the effort (time permitting) and offer help and comments.

On a separate pidgin note, I started working on a lua plugin loader for
gaim back before the name change and got it to the point where it was
starting to be useful before I needed to put it down. Since then the
rename happened and I've been meaning to re-examine the way I was handling
the plugin (as it had required a lot of manual header reading/function
copying that I would really like to avoid in the future). This project has
unfortunately not ever been important enough to warrant any effort on my
part though.

	-Etan