On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 10:26 PM, gary ng <garyng2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
Unless most of the scripts are self-contained
application with GUI(i.e. windows) usage in-mind, what
good would it be to double click on say
socket\http.lua ? A command window quickly pop and go
and an inexperienced user still don't know what is
going on.

How many lua scripts out on the net belongs to this
category ?

Even if there is such thing it still would come back
to my scenario of multiple installation, later, like
the following(assuming inexperienced typical windows
user):

1. grab the nice installer(say 5.1)
2. install with association
3. found a nicely written Windows based app that use
the association
4. three months later, lua 5.2 comes out that breaks
5.1 s scripts
5. being taught by Microsoft to do frequent update
install this nicely new package(thinking newer is
always better)
6. bang! the app in (3) no longer run

This is why I put the 5.1 directory under Lua. This way it can be selectable and keep the old major version on the machine. I know that the file extension will be to the new version, but there will still be the ability to run the old scripts. This can help until the script gets updated to the latest version.
--
Regards,
Ryan