[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANN] CGILua 5.1.2
- From: "Andre Carregal" <carregal@...>
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 17:00:39 -0300
CGILua is a tool for creating dynamic Web pages and manipulating input
data from Web forms. CGILua allows the separation of logic and data
handling from the generation of pages, making it easy to develop web
applications with Lua.
One of advantages of CGILua is its abstraction of the underlying Web
server. You can develop a CGILua application for one Web server and
run it on any other Web server that supports CGILua, even if using a
different launching model.
CGILua can be used with a variety of Web servers and, for each server,
with different launchers. A launcher is responsible for the
interaction of CGILua and the Web server, for example using ISAPI on
IIS or mod_lua on Apache. The reference implementation of CGILua
launchers is Kepler.
CGILua is free software and uses the same license as Lua 5.1.
For more information please check http://www.keplerproject.org/cgilua/
CGILua source code can be downloaded from its LuaForge page but you
can also install CGILua using LuaRocks:
luarocks install cgilua
Version 5.1.2 changes:
* Added the cgilua.authentication module
* cgilua.print now separates arguments with tabs, like Lua print
* Now print and write are aliases to cgilua.print and cgilua.put.
* Now strips an eventual #! from top of Lua Pages files
* CGILua can now process sequential requests in the same Lua state
* Better error handling. Wraps error message in valid HTML
* Bug fixed: CGILua was ignoring CGILUA_TMP in Windows
* Corrected the URL handling for the dispatcher (bug found by
* Better URL handling for different locales
* Handling multiple values in the generated URL (patch by Matt Campbell)
* Fixed file handle leak in loader.lua
* Fixed bug [#2630] - Including new files (bug found by Bruno Massa)
Thanks everyone involved in this quite long release and, as usual,
feedback is welcome.