Veli-Pekka Tätilä wrote:
> KHMan wrote:
>> Veli-Pekka Tätilä wrote:
>> > KHMan wrote:
>> > <heavy snippage>
>> A very brief note. I've just updated Yueliang with simple variable
>> management code to classify variables into locals, upvalues or
>> globals. It's around 100 lines of added code only. The release
>> include sample parser log output also, but note that parts of the
>> output, such as internal variables in a 'for' loop, may not be
>> relevant to a screen reader.
> [snip] I'm not sure yet but it seems to me I might not need
> variable management, though, if I can get the local keyword, and most
> other keywords announced. People can keep track of localness mentally
> and whether or not something is a variable should not have to be
> announced either. That is as long as things that are not variables, such
> as strings, function calls and field accesses are distinguished
> unambiguously.

True, variable management is more useful for parsing purposes.
It's not that relevant for a screen reader.

> There's one earlier point I'd like you to clarify a bit:
> When I asked about call backs, you said that one can pass the parser a
> table and get callbacks called in it? [snip]

It's more of calling custom functions implemented as a module,
like how the parser controls the lexer. It would likely be easier
to maintain than traditional C callbacks of passing references to
functions, which might be trying to force a C idiom onto Lua.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)