As a certified newbie/dummy, I am certainly glad to see the Windows
installer. This will make my life easier.

Since I have a lot of programming experience on an irrelevant platform, I am
often dismayed at the problems I turn up. An interesting case in point was
the concept of capture strings. I struggled with this, sent several queries
to this list, and multiple people graciously assisted me. I sent them my
personal thanks. One of them made a comment to me, and I began searching
Google for books. It never occurred to me that capture was a common concept
outside of Lua. I immediately formed the opinion that most of this list had
capture experience from outside Lua, and I was better able to understand my
own difficulty and the list's response.

I am very thankful that Windows' tools will be available and that "newbie"
problems are now better addressed. I really like the elegance of Lua, its
frugal approach, and its performance. My employer is not very interested in
these things, and I was very concerned I might have to go elsewhere because
of my lack of the fundamentals.

Thanks again for these efforts. I am learning slowly...