On 15/05/2008, at 10:25 AM, mr wrote:

Hi Geoff,
i use scilab only for educational purposes and at the
moment for a linear programming course (nothing
serious). So for me there is no need to hurry, i just
try to write things in lua whenever possible.
Greets,
Marc

Stu (the new PuLP maintainer) is using PuLP for teaching too. My interest is that I've got a small job that PuLP fits well for, but I'd rather use Lua than Python. I doubt I'll get to the point of anything good enough this time round, but you've got to start somewhere, right?

I guess my main question is whether it would need it to solve IP's to be useful for you, since I haven't played with CBC a lot. If you're teaching, might you at some stage have a stream of students who might be able to work on such a thing?

Cheers,
Geoff