Stefan Sandberg wrote:
Imagine two different applications using the same version of PCRE, then you've cleverly made the entire point of dll's in the first place completely meaningless.
Manifests dictate which library version to load, -not- where it's placed.

I know that duplicating libraries might end up with some kind of bloat (i.e. multiple copies of foo.dll), but if that gives you application that works, its preferable.

In this case, I'm talking about different applications using different versions of a DLL. Using manifests might be a solution but only on WinXP and above and only if the problematic library has some consistent numbering scheme.

Regards,
Ignacio