It sounds like you created a managed C++ project.  If that was not your
intention, create a Win32 C++ project (or ATL or whatever) instead.  A
managed C++ project will require .NET to be present on the target machine.

If you want to use managed C++ classes for some of your work, then you can
selectively turn off managed C++ for specific c/cpp files. Look in the C/C++
property pages of the Lua c-file.

-Erik