Matthew Nicholson wrote:
I would imagine calls to lua_to..() failing are not going to be frequent in speed critical code, but this is not necessarily a valid assumption to make.

If you're concerned about the performance of exceptions you should probably do some benchmarking in your environment to see if it's really an issue. C++ exceptions are supposed to be very efficient when no exceptions are thrown. So unless you expect there to be many thrown exceptions I don't think you need to worry. But as I said, you should probably measure your compiler/environment.

Cheers,
 Jonas