On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Mark Hamburg <mark_hamburg@baymoon.com> wrote:
>  I think defining a standard set of extensions to Lua for use in particular
> environments would be a valuable enhancement to the distribution. It's a
> process the community has tried to undertake but without a formal process,
> it's hard to reach a conclusion.

Isn't luarocks/stdlib an attempt at this? (It even has a math.round).
Perhaps, all that's needed is for this library to be controlled by an
officially endorsed committee? Maybe even bundling it with the main
distribution of Lua, although this would probably mean including
luarocks too. It could be done by modifying the make script of Lua to
fetch and install luarocks+stdlib. Of course with an optional
build-switch.

--
troels