Jerome Vuarand wrote:
>  You can safely discard the chunk. If the Title.Initialize closure needs
>  some bytecode from it, it will be properly referenced and won't be
>  collected.
Good, so I don't have to worry about that.

>  Did you remove all references to the environment table from your Lua
>  stack ? If your objects are big enough you may reach memory limits
>  before overflowing the Lua stack and thus not notice it.
There are neither references to the environment table in the Lua
stack, nor in any tables on the Lua side.  The data is literally
invisible to me on the C and Lua ends.  Only Lua sees it and collects
it when the program ends (because then its Lua state is closed).