I'm building my C++ project using Scons, and now I'd like to hook up my Lua unit tests so that they are run at the same time. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The main feature I'd like is to only run the tests when needed, so that basically means detecting dependencies between .lua files and preferably C extension modules as well.

If anyone knows how to do it in Scons that would be ideal, but if there's another build tool that has the support it might be possible to integrate with Scons, or I could just switch build tool altogether (but I hope I won't have to).

Thanks in advance,
Jonas