On 4/8/08, Daniel Ventura de Oliveira <doliveira@ctallen.com.br> wrote:
> Is there a way to create a WebService in Lua to be consumed by a C#
> application?

I would recommend just using C# for the server, if that's going to be
your client. You're assured that they'll fit together.

Alternatively, investigate a RESTful interface, that's much much
easier. Obviously, that only works if you don't have any clients yet
that demand SOAP.

I never got anywhere with LuaSOAP. A simple client server in Lua
worked, but C# as a client did not. These days I write SOAP clients in
Lua using hand rolled marshalling. That is a little brittle, since
changes in the SOAP interface might break my code. But WSDL is just
too obscure for me. I've given up on ever writing a SOAP server, it
has too many inconsistencies and implementations, like everything else
in the web world. And my brain is too small for that.

Robby