Hi all,

I just extended Jeff's clipboard module to support OSX:

http://www.mat.ucsb.edu/~wakefield/soft/clipboard

HTH somebody else too.

On Apr 3, 2008, at 1:18 PM, Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 9:00 PM, Rolf <rb@san.rr.com> wrote:

I am still pretty much a newbie at this..
Is there some function that returns the string in the windows clipboard?
e.g.
clipboardstring=os.clipboard()
(any string in the clipboard would be returned by  os.clipboard() and copied
to clipboardstring).

Hello, Rolf -

I just threw together a DLL module that might work for you:

  Usage:

    require "clipboard"

    -- Retrieve and print the clipboard's contents:
    print(clipboard.text())

    -- Assign a new string to the clipboard:
    clipboard.text("Hello World")

HTH,
- Jeff

Be seeing you