 >> As most of these devices have only 4MB of Flash it would be very helpful to
 >> byte-compile the Lua sourcecode to keep things as small as possible.

 LHdF> Precompiling does not imply reduction in size. Stripping debug information
 LHdF> helps reducing size but of course gets you less information in case of errors.
 LHdF> I think you'd be better off compressing instead of precompiling.
 LHdF> See http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2003-05/msg00380.html and that thread.

 >> So my question is: Is there anything which could be helpful for cross
 >> compiling Lua byte-code

 LHdF> The easiest path is to change lundump.c to handle the multiple platforms,
 LHdF> especially if the differences are minor. How different are your target
 LHdF> platforms?

I guess it's better to modify DumpVar() that it'll store integer
in network (or other) byte order

--
Yours sincerely, Eugeny.
Doctor Web, Ltd. http://www.drweb.com