From: "Shmuel Zeigerman"
This is not a leak but that doesn't help. The memory is not freed and as application continues to run, it can eventually consume all the available memory.

I'm afraid I still can't imagine a scenario where that's possible. I mean, it doesn't keep dead keys around forever. Just until it needs to grow the table, and then it can remove them all.. and in doing so discover that it never needed to grow the table in the first place. The only way it could consume all available memory would be if at some point you had enough live keys in the table to do that.

Either that or I don't understand the problem, which is also quite likely. =)

Sorry that there doesn't seem to be an elegant solution though.

- Alex