On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Jim Whitehead II <jnwhiteh@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm in the process of completing the application for GSOC, which is
>  due tomorrow.  I plan to submit it around noon GMT.  If you have any
>  specific concerns or questions, please send them before then.
>
>  http://lua-users.org/wiki/GoogleSummerOfCodeMentoringApplication
>
>  I need any of the mentors that have currently submitted project ideas,
>  along with any other individuals who would be interested in acting as
>  mentors to the students for Google Summer of Code to email me
>  privately with their google account username.  This is required as
>  part of the application process.  If our organization is chosen to
>  participate, you will be emailed individually by Google with an
>  invitation.
>
>  I will be completing the template application for students, as well as
>  some of the other administrative details over the course of tonight
>  and tomorrow morning.
>
>  Thanks for everyone's help working through this process.

Apologies for not posting sooner, but the organization acceptance
emails have gone out and the participating list of organizations has
been posted on the Google Summer of Code website.  Lua was not one of
the 175 out of 500 organizations selected this year so there won't be
any formal participation in the program.  I'm waiting to get feedback
from the program coordinator so we can better understand why our
application wasn't chosen, so we have a better chance of being
accepted in the future.

As soon as I have that feedback, I will post a follow-up to the list.

- Jim