On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>  Possible, certainly. But once you go this route you have to decide about
>  the semantics: for instance, should the function replace all fields in
>  the table or just the ones that are absent?

Well I assume this would only be useful if you're making many calls
over and over using the same table (where a new table for each call
becomes costly). So it should just replace all fields... (updating
essentially)

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing
to do and always a clever thing to say."

-Will Durant