Available at:  http://luaforge.net/frs/?group_id=214

performance.txt is particularily interesting, and I would warmly welcome a few field tests from you, both on FPU-having and FPU-less platforms (I might move the sheet to be an actual spreadsheet in the future).

Current results (double+int32 mode only):

OS X PowerPC:
	4.13 user   0.01 sys    (-1.0%)
	5.49 user   0.03 sys    (-15.9%)

OS X Intel:
	2.82 user   0.01 sys    (+5.5%)
	4.52 user   0.02 sys    (+2.9%)

Windows XP (Pentium M):
	3.374	(+3.3%)
	4.656	(-10.9%)

Ubuntu Linux 7.10 (Pentium M):
	2.48 user   0.00 sys    (-0.8%)
	5.61 user   0.00 sys    (-2.3%)

ARM Linux no FPU (NSLU2):
	3.56 user   0.10 sys    (-38.8%)
	12.79 user   0.19 sys    (-85.2%)

The first lines are fibonacci calculations, which are not very integer oriented (really, it's the recursive variant). The second lines are essentially running 'etc/life.lua' without output (_very_ integer oriented).

NSLU2 loops less than others, so don't compare its absolute speed.

Comparisons are to an unpatched Lua 5.1.3. Minus is better; reducing speeds by 40-85% should be rather straggering, really.
More real world results (on any machines) are requested.

-asko