Mister White wrote:
> I'm making a little of benchmark with lua and I'm comparing it with Java.

*yawn*

<flame>

1. Do NOT post benchmarks if you have no clue about the language
   you are writing them in. Hint: ever heard of 'local' in Lua?

2. Do NOT post benchmarks if you have no clue about what the
   benchmarks are supposed to measure. These historical x-stone
   benchmarks are rather pointless.

3. Do NOT post benchmarks if you have no clue about benchmarking
   in general. You need to account for startup time, run it for a
   minimum time, check the deviation of timings and so on.

4. Do NOT post cross-language benchmarks if you have no idea
   whether you are measuring the same thing in all languages.

5. Do NOT judge any language based on a flawed comparison in a
   single, flawed and badly written cross-language benchmark.
   Oh, and BTW: runtime is only one factor ...

6. Do NOT judge any language if you don't know what it's best
   or most used for. Hint: it's probably not computing Fibonacci
   numbers or Whetstones all day long.

7. Before reinventing square wheels, check whether someone has
   already done a better job. Surprise, surprise:
   http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/

</flame>

--Mike