[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [patch] help for cross compiling lua
- From: John E Hein <jhein@...>
- Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 11:41:02 -0700
Leo Razoumov wrote at 09:43 -0500 on Mar 5, 2008:
> What's wrong with setting "AR=arm-ar rcu" in the Makefile?
Typically one sets AR globally for the product build - of which lua is
only one small part.
Some other software might use different ARFLAGS depending on what it
needs to do. So globally forcing the use of 'rcu' for them is wrong.
ARFLAGS is pretty standard
- bsd system *.mk files use it
- gmake uses it (see the info pages for gmake)
- probably others