On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Matthew M. Burke <matthew@bluedino.net> wrote:
> The first step IMNSHO is to  brainstorm several tasks
> we would want a student to work on.

Perhaps a Lua schema validator? Something Relax NG-ish (i.e.
expressive yet succinct).

The idea is to generically describe and validate the constraints of
some Lua configuration data (i.e. a Foo is a list of 0 or more Bar; a
Bar is a table containing 1 or more string keys pointing to Zig, Zag
or Foo; so on and so forth).

We've looked around for one before at work, and the closest we found
was an example Norman Ramsey posted
(http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2006-12/msg00584.html), which was
interesting to play around with, but not general enough to cover any
but our simplest cases.

Don't know if it would be a suitable project, but I thought I'd throw
it out there. *shrug*

Cheers,
Eric