Hi,

The main requirement to have an effective lis scheduler is
having _one_ single call to wait for _any_ kind of long
operations.

Is LusSocket mechanism flexible enough to handle local
sockets and file I/O?

Local sockets, definitely. File I/O I don't see why not. I
wonder if the OS implements non-blocking I/O on regular
files. I have heard on this list that this is usually not
the case. It will be fun to test.

Other blocking operations (like DB or libraries) could be
handled by a separate process, reporting via sockets.
Somewhat tedious, but very doable.

The idea is to provide a way for users and other libraries
to post into the completion queue. And these functions can
be made thread safe. As for IPC, I haven't thought about how
to make it simpler yet.

Kind regards,
Diego