From: Bertrand Mansion <golgote@mamasam.com>
Subject: Re: Lua Workshop 2008 Announcements
Unfortunately, I won't be able to come to the workshop, my company is backing off since they read <http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,142429/article.html > Too bad :( Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:18:15 +0200
From: Asko Kauppi <askok@dnainternet.net>

Distrubing news.

Last time I was to U.S. I actually still liked it. The more time goes, the harder it will be to get "back to normal". But that's another issue...

Call me naive, call me optimistic (just don't call me Shirley), but I think come November you will see a dramatic change in the way the US relates to the rest of the world. The majority of people in the USA don't agree with the way our country is being run (although note the disconnect between "the will of the majority" and the outcome of the last two presidential elections...). But I shouldn't really put politics into this list...so let me get back on track.

If it is a moral/ethical principle that keeps you from attending, I can certainly understand and appreciate that. If it is an economic issue, I can understand that as well (I think I mentioned before that a primary motivator for my volunteering to organize the workshop is to ensure I could afford to go :)

If you're worried about your laptop being taken at the border, let me know and maybe we can work something out. I think I can get hold of a few laptops to loan out to people while they're here, so maybe the solution is just don't bring a laptop.

Best wishes,

Matt