On Feb 27, 2008, at 7:54 PM, Matthew M. Burke wrote:

I don't see the Lucne idea being a problem. When we submit our application we will have some number of proposed projects. When students apply, they can propose their own ideas. If we are accepted, Google will allocate us some number of "slots" then we work together to match slots with students.

If there is such a "Lucene by Lua" project (Luacene? Doesn't sound right. Need a better name! Foxtrot?) I would be very interested to support such endeavor in whichever way could be helpful, as I have been working with the Java implementation of Lucene for quiet a few years now.

Cheers,

PA.