"Jerome Vuarand" <jerome.vuarand@ubisoft.com> writes:
>> Is swig being bad by returning a string instead?
>
> It's not following the informal convention used by most Lua modules. Is
> it bad to be different ?

My _impression_ is that this is at least a "convention", and AFIACT,
swig has no good reason to be different (the value it returns seems
fairly useless), so I'd say... yeah.

But a quick look at PiL and the ref manual don't show any comment the
issue, so I'm not really sure where I picked up this habit.  I guess
really I'm looking for advice on what the Lua community considers in
good taste.

-Miles

--
`Life is a boundless sea of bitterness'