Distrubing news.

Last time I was to U.S. I actually still liked it. The more time goes, the harder it will be to get "back to normal". But that's another issue...

To the list: has anyone considered doing virtual conferences. Pushing the video aspect further, something like this:

- limited number of people (say, 2-20) online at one time
- one of them presenting an issue/product, rest giving questions and feedback - taping the whole session (as video + slides) into easily viewable youtube-like form

This would push the envelope of open source media usage, and shouldn't be that hard to do, actually.

We could do a test with N people running Leopard's multi-person iChat, unless there is a better candidate for the teleconferencing.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/ichat.html

-asko

ps.

Alternatively, the D.C. conference providers could maybe arrange for a Mac in the audience, so some visitors could pop up virtually... (and we can greet the national security people, who no doubt will be listening to the broadcast as well.... >;) )