Sounds pretty good.. I would like to hear more from this for sure.

We are scheduled for adding integration to RemDebug in LuaEclipse in the next few months - so, I would love to see some evolution on the module.

Currently, there are some pretty impressive initiatives that uses with the binary interface to attach the debugging hooks. Althou their results are impressive, they don't work on all platforms.

The RemDebug approach looks very interesting - using the lua Debug interface to export symbols. If that could be combined with GDB or other toolchains, It would fulfill this long time dream of debugging C/C++ and Lua together.