On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>  I failed to see this behavior. Adding print(collectgarbage("count")) at
>  the beginning and at the end of that script, my machine (running Lua
>  5.1.1) gives the following output:
>
>   19.3125
>   suspended
>   dead
>   18.1572265625

Right, that is what is strange.  If I look at the raw memory usage of
the process (running Linux here) it's still using all the memory even
though everything has supposedly been collected.  In my real test I
add a "socket.sleep" to the end so I can have a chance to check the
memory usage in the OS.  I also create about 1 million coroutines
which use about 1.3 GB of RAM, after the collection the process it is
still using 1.3 GB of RAM.

CR