All the patches I've previously made are now part of luaSub's built-in- the-same-tgz syntax mods.

Except for LNUM patch, of course, which works deeper and has no syntax implications.

One thing going for the syntax modding (instead of patching) is reduced maintenance work. Patches generally need to be checked each time a new Lua code base comes out, whereas syntax mods would need rechecking maybe at major Lua revises, and even then most likely work without changes.

I do support shifting attention from patching to syntax modding. Time is ripe, and so are the tools.

-asko