On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 8:51 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 11:53 PM, Anders Bergh <anders1@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  It usually means you don't have the latest Visual Studio runtime
>  >  installed, see the following link:

For some more critical applications for me (Like one containing wxLua)
I just link it all together statically.... Helps here.

>  Ah, that's why I still love my mingw/VC++ 6.0 combo ;) Executables are
>  pretty much guaranteed to run on any flavour of Windows.
>
>  Does one BTW get any performance increase from the lastest MS compilers?

Don't know for Lua it self, but for other things the fact that the
latter compilers
(including the free ones) can use the SSE and SSE2 instruction sets of current
processors, is a major change. Of course if you don't have those processors,
you may end up with an other reason why your code does not run.

   Eero