On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Duck <duck@roaming.ath.cx> wrote:
I would like to reiterate my suggestion of introducing _three_ sorts of
official Lua library, let's call them core, auxiliary and optional.

Core and auxiliary would be restricted to ANSI-C only, which isn't _quite_
the case at the moment.

Optional libraries would contain officially-supported additional library
code which might not be supported or portable to all platforms, and which
IMO should start off with at least the following:

[...]

Just curious, I guess - what's the rationale for making these part of an official distribution?

Evan