* If you want things like "for key, value in t do ..." then simply
attach a __call metamethod to the table.
* I would prefer to see __next over __pairs, as "for key, value in
next, t do" and "for key, value in pairs(t) do" are currently the
same, and it would be nice to keep that. Also could mean that lua_next
from C would respect the __next metamethod allowing C code to iterate
custom tables (although this would have to come with lua_rawnext)
* I would also prefer ipairs to use __index over an __ipairs
metamethod, as there is usually only one way you want a table
iterated, so just set __pairs to whatever iterator you want rather
than setting __ipairs or __pairs.
* Allowing an explist for the numeric for is also something I would support