On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 03:36:55AM +0100, Peter Sommerfeld wrote:
> The default font-size on modern browsers is 16 pixel which is overlay
> large imho, - a waste of space.

...and this indicates a problem with the browser defaults, not the
site.  A site should assume the user has set up their configuration
appropriately and body text should not be less than 100%. (Yes I know
this is a controversial topic but as a user who _does_ set their font
preferences I have to throw in my 2 cents).

> In this case I'd also prefer a stretchy layout.

Agreed.  And if it has to be fixed-size, at least make it thinner.
I'm also in the "never runs anything full-screen" crowd, so regardless
of desktop size my browser windows are never more than perhaps 850-875
pixels except under extreme duress.

                                                  -Dave Dodge