Greetings all,

I have a lua script file, which contains code and several functions; i'm executing this script from C using essentially luaL_dofile.

what I would like to be able to do is pass in some parameters that have local scope (as if I had declared them as locals)
but I don't want to wrap the code inside of a function.

I don't want to use a global, because functions called within this script could cause other scripts to be executed, which would change this global variable, and on return it would no longer be the same.

My actual example is needing to be able to set a local parameter 'this' to some number, so that the script has context about what object is making it run.

any help would be great, thanks :)

-Raymond Jacobs