On Thursday 14 February 2008, Miles Bader wrote:
> I mean no insult against alien -- it looks like a great package -- but
> obviously it is going to present more generic view of a C interface than
> a package specifically targetting that interface.

i haven't checked alien (yet) but i feel it could be used 'as is' only for
trivial one-shot bindings.  but for something more complex, or for
reusability, an interface layer would always be needed.

and that's where alien could really shine!  by allowing that layer to be
written in Lua instead of C.

wouldn't that be great? imagine if new bindings could be distributed just as a
few Lua scripts starting with require("alien")

--
Javier