A good friend of mine is quite the advocate of D, and several people I
know tinker with it and like it.

I like it in the fact that it is a better C++ than C++, has a very
sane typing system, and has in-language support for associative
arrays.

Otherwise, I'm not too motivated to use it.  I already write in C and
Java, and then there are the dynamic languages like Lua and Python.
It probably doesn't help that I've had a bear of a time attempting to
install it on Mac OS X or Linux.

Distilled, my feeling is that I don't need D enough to bother to learn
it.  Yeah, I'm lazy.  :P

Cheers,
Ben