I want to make some clarifications to what I said earlier.

I had forgot to add when I said that it segfaulted within lua_insert
that I had modified the code to check the stack to make sure it was
big enough to insert the boolean. I first used a value of '20'
("luaL_checkstack(L, 20, "error msg"") and that still caused the
program to segfault in the same location. I then tried the value 20+r
(r being 1e4) and that caused it to segfault in lua_insert later on.
These may be two separate bugs.

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing
to do and always a clever thing to say."

-Will Durant