Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:

> Among other things, this change could open the doors for __gc
> metamethods for tables.

Ah, the other direction!

When I ran my first experiments with __gc, I had encapsulated my
userdatum in a table so that I could attach other fields from Lua. I was
surprised when the C objects were not collected (the metatable was
attached to the table, not the userdatum). Then I read the fine print,
so I removed the table and used the userdatum directly.

I'm sure many would love to have this feature.

Doug

--
Innovative Concepts, Inc. www.innocon.com 703-893-2007 x220