On 1/28/08, Ben Sunshine-Hill <sneftel@gmail.com> wrote:
> After a 2-year, uh, maturation period, Pluto 2.0 final has been
> released. A tool for serializing arbitrarily compex Lua data, it is
> useful for savegame features as well as simulation rollback points. It
> also has miscellaneous uses wherever you want to package up Lua data
> and send it to a different lua_State. The 2.0 release contains
> numerous bugfixes, but still weighs in at a svelte 2 public functions.
>
> As always, bug reports, feature requests, and usage reports are
> greatly appreciated.

I tried building Pluto 2.1 as an .so module using LuaRocks, but while
I was able to write a rockspec that builds it, the module itself fails
to load due to unexported symbols in the Lua interpreter. I assume
that these internal functions can't be bundled in the pluto.so module
at risk of causing the problems that are commonly mentioned here on
the list about duplicated Lua libraries within a process, and as such
Pluto can't be built as a stand-alone .so module, and only works by
having its .o linked to Lua directly; is that correct?

-- Hisham