On 01/02/2008, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> > I was wondering what the current status is on the topic of making
> > token filters an official Lua feature.
>
> This can only happen when a new version of Lua comes out, and that will
> take some time... But we haven't made any decision about token filters
> either way. See also these threads:
> [...]

Agreed, I'm not expecting anything to happen overnight :-) I've read
all of that particular discussion of april 2007. That's one of the
more interesting discussions which I mentioned in my first post.

Seeing as that's already quite some time ago, though, and if I
understand correctly there have not been any real developments on the
topic since, I just thought to ask if anyone has any new suggestions
or insights in this regard, or if it's even something people want to
discuss further. If so, then better to let it out before a new version
of Lua is around the corner. If not, well then that's good to know
too.

Personally, I think it would be a great addition in some form or
another, and deserves some attention if it's to be done right. But if
it doesn't make it into Lua, I'll probably end up using it as an
add-on anyway, at least for some projects.

I don't mean to force the issue, though, so I'll not go into it any
further unless others are actually interested in discussing it. :-)

Regards,
Mark