Hello I'm having fun using Lua but there's a problem I can't seem to
find a simple solution to

     for k,v in pairs(effectsTable[widgetTableIndex]) do
                   print(k,v)
                   local alive = coroutine.resume(v)

                    if (not alive) then
                        v = nil;
                    break;
                    end;
               end

I want to remove the coroutines that are dead in this dictionary. K is
a table, V is a coroutine. Remove takes an integer. Is there a a line
of code that will remove an entry, currently I have v = nil. But I
want to remove the entry entirely. What's the best way to go about
doing this?

Thanks for any help!

-Dan