Hello,

Sorry for late reply, and late update to the library.

I have now created a project page on LuaForge and added on the file download page a new version of the library - lzlib 0.3.

With this release, the library is now loaded using the lua package system with:
  zlib = require 'zlib'
and
  gzip = require 'gzip'

It will no longer register the packages on a global table like it used to. If thats not how the package system is supposed to be used, let me know.

If you find any problem, please let me know.

project page: http://luaforge.net/projects/lzlib/

Tiago

PS: it has been a while since i worked with lua, which happens from time to time in my free time mostly as a hobby, so updates may be slow