No.  I have 2 lua_getfields as a sanity check.  This is the layout

LUA_REGISTRY
{
   LuaAV_app_table_name = {"filename" = thread}
}

The first getfield is getting LuaAV_app_table_name.  The second was an
experiment to test if the registry was shared among the main state and
a thread.  I assumed it was, but the stack dump is not bearing this
out.

wes