Personally I think lua needs a finally statement - considering that a memory
allocation error can be thrown at virtually any time can throw a spanner in the
works of the most careful "return nil, errormsg" programmers. Makes using
semaphores or reference counts virtually impossible without resorting to either
spaghetti code or superfluous function calls, depending on where you put the
pcall.

I don't think this implementation is for me though really... I'm going to hold
out for someone to make the general "do finally end" case or similar.

On Thu Jan 17 23:20 , Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo sent:

> "Finalization of function objects" patch for Lua 5.1.2

What is the rationale for this patch?
)